Monday, August 07, 2006

Internet Dating?!?!

I've been trying this internet dating thing lately...you know, one of those sites you post a profile and search through the other internet "daters" profiles hoping to find something that interests you.

Well...what to say? I feel like a bit of a voyeur, or perhaps rather, a Peeping Tom stealing glances into other's lives...it just seems a bit weird.

Here's the point, though: someone actually emailed me! Alright, alright, I also emailed someone different first, but once she quickly made it clear she wasn't interested it turned into this rather nice, and interesting, exchange of emails.

But this other woman that contacted me is just plain cool...she's a professor at the local university and grew up in Israel. She actually served in the Israeli Army, for Pete's sake! Man she seems cool (did I mention that already?)!

So, everything is going well: we are firing interesting emails back and forth, and then...Pow!...someone (I can't remember who) suggests we ACTUALLY MEET!!!

Now, I don't have a real problem meeting or conversing with women...I was married twice, dammit! But this is a bit strange...she's cool and I really am interested in meeting her, but...I feel like an adolescent all over again. Kind of like the first time I was afraid I might kiss a girl (and, yes, I did say afraid).

I guess I'll just suck it up and go for it...and hope she chickens out...

Or, maybe not...hell, I don't know. Damn its my terrible teens all over again!

She better be as cool as she seems...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home