Sunday, April 30, 2006

Soccer Hair!

Being an American that loves soccer/football I am often looked at quizzically and asked "Why?" Its usually followed by something akin to "What would anyone watch that crap for?"

Normally I respond with an intelligent-sounding attempt at describing the beautiful game in terms of sophistication, atmosphere, grace, strategy, athleticism, etc., etc.,...But the answer I really want to give I realize would just go right over too many heads...Its all about the HAIR!

What do I mean? Just relax and enjoy...

There's the classic Italian look of Roberto Baggio...












The unforgettable Bolivian mullet of El Diablo himself, Marco Etcheverry...









And the ALWAYS memorable el Pibe, Carlos Valdarrama...





















And of course the AMERICANS...
My personal favorite Mohawk of Clint Mathis










The spikey Carlos "Charlie Black-mouth" Bocanegra









The many faces of Cobi Jones





















And of course, Alexi Lalas











Lets not forget the current masters of the European coif....
Djibril Cisse





















And the Grand Master himself...David Beckham
















The last one is just for Posh Spice.









But, hey, the Americans can get the girls too...Cobi my MAN!


And THAT is why I LOVE the BEAUTIFUL game!

EDIT: I can't believe I left out the FANS! Here's to you guys....

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Beckham is the man! He's what turned me on to football in the first place. I can watch him over and over again. No matter what he's doing.

Chris (My Blog)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home